Saturday, January 28, 2012

Smallville Finale

I finished the final season of Smallville! After 10 seasons the series has been brought to a close.

I have completely enjoyed watching Clark Kent transform from farm boy to superman in ten short years. The cast, directors, costumes, and settings have been superb! And aside from Clark's frustrating teenage years of unfulfilled longing for Lana Lang, the story continued to interweave and unfold into a beautifully written saga.

Each season created true to life stories of people, of families with similar struggles yet together overcoming the great obstacles that came their way. The closely knit family and circle of friends forged life long bonds of trust that brought inspiration to the series viewers.

The fantasy of Super Heros didn't seem very far fetched which brought a refreshing joy that caused even the skeptical to embrace the faith these super guys and gals gave the world.

At the finale of it all, I was left satisfied and happy. As I slowly walked over to the DVD player and carefully removed my treasured disc and replaced it into its secure holder, I also said goodbye to friends I made through these ten years. Friends I could trust and friends who brought me inspiration in their sacrifices and goodness.

This is a good farewell, not sad at all. And most significantly, as the finale ends it leaves an imprint. For me, that imprint is a smile.

Goodbye Smallville; it's been a great ten seasons! See you in the comic books!

A devoted fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment